Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- SoSo Food Club, a hip spot that serves "decent dumplings and dan dan mian" (as its site modestly boasts), has opened at 1166 Dundas Street West (by Ossington) in what used to be The Contender.
- Bang Bang Burrito, originating from Oshawa, has taken over what was previously a Greek & Co. at 366 Bloor Street West in the Annex.
- Early Bird Coffee & Kitchen now has a second location, which can be found inside the PATH in the Financial District's Brookfield Place at 181 Bay Street.
- Wynona — a place for pasta seafood, wine and more — has opened at 819 Gerrard Street East (just east of Logan) by East Chinatown.
- Blackjack BBQ is open at 1044 Gerrard Street East (one block west of Jones Avenue) in Leslieville, in what was previously Loaded Pierogi.
- Hype Food Co., a fast-casual restaurant that caters toward those with allergies, has also opened nearby at 1060 Gerrard Street East (at Jones Street)
- The Ellery is now open at 1870 Danforth Avenue (at Aldridge Avenue), which was formerly Melanie’s Bistro.
- Pam’s Roti has returned and can now be found at 1089 Bloor Street West (at Gladstone Avenue) in Bloorcourt.
- GoGo Chicken Pot
- Emmy's Ice Cream
- Common Good
- Lion Coffee
- Patisserie Royale
- Grocery Coffee
- Ramona's Kitchen
- Boodle Fight
- Madrina, a Spanish tapas bar from the creators of El Catrin and Cluny, will be opening this summer at 2 Trinity Street in the Distillery District.
- Station Coffee will be replacing the recently shuttered Dooney’s at 866 Bloor Street West in Bloorcourt.
- Allwyn's Bakery will be opening its third location soon at 976 The Queensway in Etobicoke.
- The Big Carrot is opening a second location very soon, this time in The Beaches at Kingston Road and Southwood Drive
- Frilu Restaurant, a seasonal fine dining restaurant, should be opening soon at 7713 Yonge Street in Thornhill.
- Infuse Cafe at 354 Yonge St. (south of Gerrard St.) has now added "Bar" after its name because it has reopened as a cocktail lounge. It’s still serving tea, but is also serving booze as well. There are also sous-vide steaks for dinner, but no worries, it's kept Japanese cheesecake on the menu.
- Grey Tiger has renovated its space and softly reopens this weekend at 1190 Bloor Street West in Bloordale.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO