Toronto events!!!

Toronto Fun Parties

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A transcript of the Rob Ford audio tape

toronto rob fordRob Ford spent part of last weekend "ranting and swearing" in an Etobicoke bar, according to the Toronto Sun, which obtained a choppy and at times difficult to decipher audio recording of parts of the evening. According to the paper, Ford was taped at Sullie Gorman's, a grimy bar in a strip plaza on Royal York Rd. almost directly across the street from a park that bears the name of Ford's father, Doug Sr.


It's worth nothing that it's also the same shopping centre where the Globe and Mail alleged Doug Ford ran his hash empire in the 1980s.


Ford appears to be (relatively) coherent in parts of the tape and almost nonsensical in others. At first, he discusses the Pride flag controversy at City Hall, saying Tim Hudak disagreed with his call for it to be removed. Later, Ford says he's conflicted about how he will vote in a provincial election, brags he would like to "fucking jam" Karen Stintz, then appears to force people to take shots of liquor with him. At one point he appears to call someone a "wop."


What follows is a rough (and likely imperfect) transcription of the Toronto Sun tape:


RECORDING BEGINS MID-SENTENCE


FORD: "...this fucking flag up ahead of our Canadian flag. I said no ... bullshit. They said they went to Queen's Park, they said 'no way.' Tim Hudak comes out and says 'yeah, I agree with all the gays should have the ...' That's it. I lost my conservative value."


MALE VOICE: "...You actually went to Queen's Park with it?"


FORD: "No they went, the gay organization went to Queen's Park and they're on a standstill. So at Queen's Park, you have to have every member to vote for it."


MALE VOICE: "Of course, of course ... I thought you were the one who ..."


FORD: "No, no, no. And Tim says: 'you know what, yeah that's right, I think it's right there.' He lost my vote. I don't know what the f-.... I can't vote Liberal, because I don't like what Wynne's doing. Not because she's gay, I just don't like the corruption. NDP, I'm just not left wing. I just can't... I mean, I like Tim Hudak, but I can't... I won't put his sign up on my lawn, I won't put any money. I might have to vote Green. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to vote right now. I'm going to vote something."


MALE VOICE: "See, that's incredible."


FORD: "I'm absolutely going to vote. I'll probably going to vote Green because the Green guy didn't say a fucking word... [inaudible.]"


MALE VOICE: "But you're a business guy ... you have a business, a successful business ... how could you vote anything else but P.C.?"


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: "No ... I don't mind ... As long as they vote, I'd rather have them vote against me than not vote at all. I'd rather lose to Olivia Chow than lose to anyone, man, because, you know what... [INAUDIBLE] get fucked so bad. No, I'm not coming back, once I'm done, I'm done. I'm going to California."


THE RECORDING SEEMS TO PAUSE AND PICK UP WITH A NEW MALE VOICE LEADING THE CONVERSATION


MALE VOICE: "How about Karen Stintz?"


FORD: "I'd like to fucking jam her but she don't want..."


MALE VOICE: [LAUGHING] "'Jam her.'"


FORD: [TO SOMEONE OFF MIKE] "I'm so sorry - I forgot there was a woman in the house."


RECORDING APPEARS TO BE SKIP AHEAD AGAIN


FORD: "CSIS [INAUDIBLE] if you're carrying a piece or you use your envelope. There's no envelope, there's no secret service. I am who I am. There's no secret se- ... I am ...


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: I'm not like this ... I admit, I'm not the normal mayor. I'm not the normal mayor."


MALE VOICE: "How do you fuck your wife?"


FORD: "I'd fuck your wife [INAUDIBLE] we won't go that far.


FEMALE VOICE: Oh, Nick, stop. That's not nice.


FORD: "That's when we start talking my language!"


[INAUDIBLE]


MALE VOICE: "When was the last time you smoked a joint?"


FORD: "It doesn't matter!"


RECORDING SKIPS AHEAD


FORD: "These guys want me fucking covered. I said, 'nobody's going to cover me, I've got everything under control.'"


FEMALE VOICE: Rob? [SILENCE LIKE FORD IS CONSIDERING AN OFFER]


FORD: "I'm good ... is that your wife?"


FEMALE VOICE: "Yeah!"


RECORDING MAY SKIP AHEAD HERE


[INAUDIBLE]


FEMALE VOICE: "Rob?"


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: "Berto,[?] get a shot right now or I'll fucking break a..."


MALE VOICE: "The waiter's not here! Reagan [?], do me a favour..."


[INAUDIBLE]


FEMALE VOICE: "Rob? Stop."


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: "I don't mind talking politics, but I don't want you guys ...


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: "Shit, fuck, bro. I pound this every day."


MALE VOICE: "It's 9:00 at night. It's 9:00 at night."


[INAUDIBLE]


MALE VOICE: I'll tell you about my job, it'll last for two fucking hours."


RECORDING SEEMS TO SKIP AHEAD


FORD: "Oh, good. If that fucking wop over there... Sorry, I'm not saying I'm a racist, sorry ... If you don't get a shot in two seconds I'll knock your fucking teeth out.


MALE VOICE: "You know what, Robbie?"


FORD: No, no, no, no, no ... I wan't that fucking dago back there, sorry ... no, he hasn't - he drank it."


FEMALE VOICE: "Everyone is allowed their down time."


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: "That's what I'm saying, it's after 9:00..."


[INAUDIBLE]


MALE VOICE: "What do you want?"


FORD: "I want to give him two shots ... cause those two dagos are drinking together."


MALE VOICE: Did you just call me a 'dago,' really?


[INAUDIBLE]


RECORDING SKIPS AHEAD


[INAUDIBLE]


FORD: I'm fucking sick of politics, dude. Look at my record I'm going to win, we're going to win ... You've got two choices, you've got Olivia Chow ... it's the same vote! it's the same vote! If you vote for Tory, you're voting for Chow, because you're splitting the vote."


MALE VOICE: "You're splitting the vote!"


RECORDING ENDS


Chris Bateman is a staff writer at blogTO. Follow him on Twitter at @chrisbateman.


Image: Chris Bateman/blogTO






by Chris Bateman via blogTO

No comments:

Post a Comment