Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- SEW Hungry in Hamilton is on today, Friday May 1 from 11am to 3pm, and then again from 4pm to 8pm. The food truck rally is free to attend and takes over Ottawa St. from Main St. to Barton St.
- THR&Co. (97 Harbord St.) hosts their ongoing dinner series, Sunday Gravy, this Sunday, May 3. Join in on a three course family style dinner featuring an Asian BBQ inspired menu for $30. Expect highlights like Korean short ribs and General Tso tofu.
- Beerbistro (18 King St. East) is offering a three course Pilsner Urquel paired dinner for $55 on Tuesday, May 5 at 7pm. Reservations are required.
- Craving a burrito? Order anything off the menu at Toronto Chipotle locations on Tuesday, May 12 between 11am and 9pm and, 50% of the day's proceeds to Habitat for Humanity (so long as you mention this fundraiser).
- The Saint (227 Ossington Ave) presents an An Ode to Beef on Tuesday, May 12 with house Chef Jesse Vallins joined in the kitchen by Chef Richard Turner (Hawksmoor, London, UK) and Matthew von Teichman (Grandview Farms). Tickets are on sale now for $85 per person.
- Also on Tuesday, May 12 from 6pm to 8pm, Lisa Marie (638 Queen St. West) hosts New York's Big Gay Ice Cream for Big Gay Bingo. Tickets are $45 and include an ice cream treat and a signed copy of their debut cookbook, Big Gay Ice Cream: Saucy Stories & Frozen Desserts.
- Beast (96 Tecumseth) hosts a Rock Stars Dinner at 7pm on Tuesday, May 12 featuring a collaboration between Chef Scott Vivian and guest Chefs Shaun Hussey and Michelle LeBlanc (Chinched Bistro), Mike Barksy (Bacalao), Terrence and Courtney Howell (Grates Cove Café), Katie Hayes (Bonavista Social Club), and Five Brothers Cheese. Tickets are $104.
- (re)Discovering Flavor on Wednesday, May 13 at Jump, (18 Wellington St. West) will see Chefs Anthony Walsh and Luke Kennedy (Jump Restaurant) join forces with Chef Jair Tellez (MeroToro) and Mark Shatzker, author of The Dorito Effect. Tickets on sale for $120.
- Kanpai Snack Bar (252 Carlton St.) presents a Tawainese street foods at 7pm on Wednesday May 13 featuring Chefs Ike Huang and Trevor Lui along with guests, Chefs Tawfik Shehata (The International Centre), Chef Nuit Regular (Pai) and Jim Poris (former editor of Food Arts Magazine). Tickets are $50.
- Last, but not least, Actinolite (971 Ossington Ave.) hosts a Nordic Dinner on Wednesday, May 13 from 6pm. Tickets are $150 and will feature a seven course tasting menu with wine pairings by Anders Selmer from Fiskebaren, Copenhagen.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO