What is open Thanksgiving Monday 2020 in Toronto is just part of the confusion surrounding the holiday this year. While it's always best to plan ahead so you don't have to go out on the holiday, it's not always possible, and things are more unpredictable than ever. Refer to this guide in moments of need.
Here's what's open and closed Thanksgiving Monday in Toronto.
- Government offices
- Post offices
- The TTC will operate on a holiday schedule.
- It will be patio dining, takeout and delivery only from bars and restaurants this Monday since Toronto has now reverted to a modified Stage 2. Make sure to call ahead to restaurants before heading out to see if they're open since many are usually closed on Mondays anyway.
- Most major grocery chains will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday with a few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Fresh & Wild (2294 Bloor Street West) - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fresh & Wild (69 Spadina Avenue) - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street) - 24 hours
- Galleria Supermarket (351 Bloor Street West) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Avenue) - 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pusateri's (1539 Avenue Road) - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Rabba (various locations) - 24 hours
- The Food Depot (155 Dupont Street) - 7 a.m to 12 a.m.
- The Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- The Kitchen Table (389 Spadina Road) - 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Kitchen Table (705 King Street West) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road) - 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- T&T (1 Promenade Circle) - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- T&T (7070 Warden Avenue) - 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- T&T (715 Central Parkway West) - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- T&T (9625 Yonge Street) - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- T&T (9255 Woodbine Avenue) - 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- T&T (8339 Kennedy Road) - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Perola Supermarket (247 Augusta Avenue) - 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Beer Store
- For a list of independent bottle shops in Toronto, see this directory. Some breweriess list holiday hours but call ahead to confirm just in case.
- Bayview Village Shops
- CF Fairview Mall
- CF Sherway Gardens
- Dufferin Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Yorkville Village
- CF Markville (5000 Hwy 7) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre (220 Yonge St.) - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hillcrest Mall (9350 Yonge St.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Promenade (1 Promenade Cir.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Dr.) - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Ave. W.) - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Dr.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Canada's Wonderland
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- CN Tower
- Harbourfront Centre
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Ontario Science Centre
- Ripley's Aquarium
- Aga Khan Museum (77 Wynford Dr.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Gardiner Museum (111 Queens Park) - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Museum of Illusions (132 Front St. East) - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ontario Place (955 Lake Shore Blvd. West) - 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Stackt Market (28 Bathurst St.) - 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd.) - 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
by Amy Carlberg via blogTO