Movember is about to arrive in Toronto and with it comes a ton of events to entertain and motivate the thousands of Mo Bros and Sistas who help to raise funds for prostate cancer research and men's mental health issues. The month-long ritual has gained popularity around the world, with Toronto being one of the most active cities since local participation began in 2007. To help you get ready for 30 days of facial hair fashion, here's what you need to know about Movember in Toronto.
Whether you're Instagramming or have your DSLR in hand, we want to see your Movember photos. Add them to our Movember Toronto stream by tagging them #movemberTO on Instagram or by uploading them via this page.
- Once registered, each mo bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of November each mo bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the mo to [one's] sideburns (that's considered a beard).
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to [one's] chin (that's considered a goatee).
- Each mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman.
TOP MOVEMBER EVENTS IN TORONTO
Stache Bash 2013
Kick off the month of moustaches on November 6th, with drinks and dancing at Bar Italia. Ticket and raffle proceeds will be donated towards helping conquer prostate and testicular cancers. The CEO of Prostate Cancer Canada will deliver a speech on men's health issues and cancer prevention.
The Ugly Sweater Run
Rummage up the ugliest sweater in your closet and join runners and walkers in Toronto's first annual Ugly Sweater 5km Run at Downsview Park. This will be a little more fun than your average workout, with holiday-themed check points at every mile. Recharge with hot chocolate, or the two free beers provided at the end of the race. Hopefully the moustache you've been working on will be award winning by November 16th, as there are prizes for the best moustaches, plus the best and worst sweater.
A Salute to the Moustache
Students from Centennial College along with Below The Belt host A Salute to the Moustache, helping raise funds and awareness for the Movember cause. Male moustache models will participate in a fashion show, dressing up in styles from local Toronto Boutiques. Watch Measure become a runway on Monday, November 25th at 7:30pm.
Movember Madness III
Whip out your razors on Saturday, November 23rd for the third instalment of Movember Madness at The Rockpile. Tons of prizes for best and worst moustache, plus 50/50 draws and silent auctions on some super cool items. There will be a bunch of bands providing live entertainment to hundreds of mo bros and sistas, so join them on the dance floor to support a good cause.
Toronto Gala Parté at the Kool Haus
End the long hard month of 'stache growing at Toronto's biggest Movember gala parté on November 29th. Come dressed to impress for your chance to win prizes. The judges will award Best Mo in Character, Team Mo, Man of Movember, and many other moustachey titles. Tickets are $20, you can get them online here.
- Movember at Thor Espresso Bar - November 1st
- Close Shave at Black Swan Tavern - November 1st
- MO-vie Screening! Dementia 13 at Rainbow Cinemas Market Square - November 2nd
- Pints for Prostates at Shoeless Joe's Spadina - November 6th
- Mobarreworks at Barreworks - November 12th
- MoHumber Garage Sale at Humber Lakeshore Campus - November 13th
- Prostate Passion Workshop at Come As You Are - November 13th
- Movember Comedy Show at LOT Comedy Club - November 16th
- Movember Carnival Fundraiser at Shall We Dance Studio - November 16th
- Mo's and Mats at Arcadian Court - November 17th
- (B)all-In For a Cure at SPiN Toronto - November 19th
- Rock N' Mo at Andrew Richard Designs - November 22nd
- Movember Challenge Karaoke Toronto at Winchester Kitchen & Bar - November 28th
- Thirsty Thursday - Movember Edition at FFAM Kitchen - November 28th
- Movember Rain at Moose and Firkin - November 28th
- EHealth Barber's Shaving Auction at Duke of Somerset - November 29th
Photo by AshtonPal in the blogTO Flick pool
by Julia Stead via blogTO
Post a Comment