Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Reds Midtown Tavern is now open at the base of the new Aura building at 382 Yonge Street at Gerrard. The restaurant offers a broad selection of decadent bar foods along with steakhouse worthy mains and lighter fare too.
- Pukka, a new Indian restaurant, is now open daily for dinner at 778 St. Clair Avenue West.
- Gourmet Gringos first (of many) brick and mortar locations opens on Friday, November 1st at 1384 Bathurst Street. Another location is already in the works at Bayview and Wellington.
- Carbon Bar, from chef David Lee and the same team behind Nota Bene is opening at 99 Queen Street East in early December.
- Lipstick Dynamite is set to open at 992 Queen Street West and offer a vegan, vegetarian and omnivore menu along with booze, board games and weekend brunch.
- Vicki'z Vegetarian Eatery at 421 College Street is papered over. Soon to open in its place, a ramen shop from the same team behind Cabbagetown's Kingyo.
- Ricky Ricardo's Restaurant and Mojito bar is in the works at 423 College Street.
- Also coming to the Aura building at 382 Yonge Street is Scaddabush, the Italian kitchen and bar that launched its first location earlier this year in Mississauga. The second location is due to open in early 2014.
- Keriwa Cafe at 1690 Queen Street West in Parkdale will not reopen since falling victim to major water damage caused by July floods. (via The Grid)
- Sugo Trattoria on Church is reportedly shuttered, the phone number is no longer in service. (via Chowhound)
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo of Reds Tavern
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO