Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Sud Forno's new location at 132 Yonge St. (at Temperance) opened yesterday.
- Alchemy Food & Drink is now open at 890 College St., which was previously Fat City Blues.
- Copper Branch, a 100% plant-based food outlet that originated in Montreal, has opened in Commerce Court at 199 Bay St. in the Financial District.
- Catering/wholesale biz Food Benders has opened up a retail shop at 1162 Bloor St. W. in Bloordale, which has replaced its former shop in the Junction Triangle.
- Zav Coffee Shop and Gallery is now open at 2048 Danforth Ave.
- The Little Sandwich Shoppe, a small food court stall in Shoppes of the Parkway at 670 Hwy 7 East, Unit 70, has opened in Richmond Hill.
- MiMi Noodle House
- The Goodman Pub & Kitchen
- Spirit of York
- Bourbon Street Smokehouse
- Uncle Mikey's
- Tabriz Persian Cookhouse
- Elchi Chai Shop
- Baked on Brock
- Jerk Paradise
- Pablo, known for its Japanese cheese tarts, now has an official opening date for its first Canadian location, which will be at 114 Dundas St. W. Mark your calendars for Aug. 18.
- The Six Brewing Co., a new craft brewer, will be taking over the former Bent space at 777 Dundas St. W.
- Plancha, which will offer "educated street food inspired by culinary epicentres like Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Greece, and Italy," is set to open at 44 Victoria St. next month.
- Earlscourt BBQ by Pork Ninjas, which has had pop-ups at Wenona Lodge and Monarch Tavern, will be opening in Corso Italia at 1278 St. Clair Ave. W. in September.
- Organic burger chain Bareburger has closed up its sole Toronto location.
- Odd Espresso Bar didn't last long. For rent signs are now posted in the window.
- Adelaide Eats, the summer outdoor food vendor market in the Financial District, has extended its run until August 18.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO