What's open and closed on the August civic holiday in Toronto for 2020, also known as Simcoe Day in Ontario, is a bit different than your typical long weekend in Canada. On August 3, many things in the city will remain open but always rememember to plan ahead so your day isn't a total bust.
Here's what's open and closed on the August civic holiday in Toronto.
- Mail Delivery
- Government offices
- The TTC will be operating on a holiday service schedule.
- GO Transit will be running on a Sunday schedule.
Restaurants and patios vary by location - call ahead before eating out. Most grocery chains will remain open, although hours will vary by select locations. Check online or call ahead for individual store hours.
Other select grocers will remain open, with some confirmed locations below:
- Al Premium Food Market (250 Alton Towers Cir.) - 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Al Premium Food Market (1970 Eglinton Ave E) - 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- The Food Depot (155 Dupont St.) - 24/7
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge St.) - 24/7
- Galleria Supermarket (865 York Mills Rd.) - 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- H Mart (338 Yonge St.) - 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
- H Mart (703 Yonge St.) - 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
- H Mart (4885 Yonge St.) - 8 a.m.-12 a.m.
- H Mart (370 Steeles Ave W) - 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- The Kitchen Table (389 Spadina Rd.) - 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Lucky Moose Food Market (393 Dundas St. W) - 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Pusateri’s (1539 Avenue Rd.) - 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Pusateri’s (2901 Bayview Ave.) - 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Pusateri’s (25 The West Mall) - 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Pusateri’s (57 Yorkville Ave.) 8 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Rabba (various locations) - 24 hours
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Rd.) - 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Over 200 The Beer Store locations will be open and operating on Holiday Hours.
- The best place to buy booze on Monday will likely be the bottle shops scattered around Toronto at the various craft brewers in the city. You can also now buy alcohol direct from restaurants.
- Bayview Village
- CF Fairview Mall
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre
- Dufferin Mall
- Pacific Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Square One Shopping Centre
- Toronto Premium Outlets
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Yorkville Village
Operating with reduced hours
- CF Markville (5000 Hwy 7) - 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- CF Sherway Gardens (25 The West Mall) - 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- CF Shops at Don Mills (1090 Don Mills Rd.) - 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Promenade (1 Promenade Cir.) - 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Dr.) - 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Aga Khan Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Casa Loma
- Canada’s Wonderland
- Movie theatres
- Ontario Science Centre
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Toronto Zoo
by Charlotte Ayaz via blogTO