Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Dutch Dreams ice cream shop relocated over the cold season and is now open at 36 Vaughan Road.
- It's All GRK opened its sophomore gyro shop this week at 366 Bloor Street West in the Annex.
- Hazel's Diner has opened a third greasy spoon at 936 Eglinton Avenue West near Bathurst.
- Me Va Me Express, Vaughan's most prolific Middle Eastern chain has finally opened its doors at 240 Queen Street West.
- A sign has gone up at the Fashion House at 556 King St. West announcing the future arrival of Wilbur Mexicana.
- Fancy Franks is opening a second location in Bloorcourt Village at 940 Bloor Street West next month.
- Tacos El Asador is reportedly doubling up with the addition of a new location at 689 Bloor Street across from the existing taqueria. [Eater]
- Kanga Aussie Meat Pies, the crowd-sourced pie co. has finally found a retail outlet for their handheld, gravy filled pies at 65 Duncan Street. [Toronto Life]
- Yakikushi Bar is now in the works at 525 Bloor Street West taking over the address once home to Lakvino Ristorante.
- Yasu Sushi Tasting Bar is coming soon to 81 Harbord Street. The Japanese raw bar comes from the same team formerly behind Leaside's Nigiri-Ya.
- Pour Girl, the UofT watering hole at 191 College is closed. New signage indicates the new occupants will be called Pre Nup Pub.
- Nyood, the clubby restaurant and upstairs bar at 1096 Queen West called it quits last month.
- La Burrita (735 Bloor Street) across from Christie Pits is deadpool.
- Fonda Lola is soon to launch bike delivery.
- The Home of the Brave now does lunch.
- North of Brooklyn can now do vegan pizza with daiya cheese.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo of Tacos El Asador
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO