Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- CraveTO happens tonight (Friday, May 30) from 5pm at Wychwood Barns. General admission is $16.75 for the food fest, which features vendors like The Goods, Food Dudes and Asada Mexican Grill.
- The Depanneur (1033 College St.) hosts a supper club - Mixiotes by Paola Solorzano - on Sunday, June 1 at 7:30pm. The titular Mexican specialty will be the star of the three-course meal, featuring a choice of chicken, rabbit, or portobello mushroom and chayote squash wrapped in parchment.
- Preview the Drake Devonshire Inn at a a pop-up dinner at the Drake One Fifty (150 York St.) on Monday, June 2. The a la carte menu from Ted Corrado and Matt DeMille will be served at 6pm, and will feature Prince Edward County-sourced ingredients in dishes like Bay of Quinte pickerel with grilled corn, crab panzanella and wild leek chimichurri.
- Momofuku Shoto hosts a Tawse Wine Dinner on Tuesday, June 10. The 12-course tasting menu will feature wine pairings for $265 per person.
- TAPAS, an exhibition exploring the cross-pollination between design and gastronomy in Spain, opens on Wednesday, July 11 at the Design Exchange (234 Bay St.)
- Small Town Food Co. (1263 Queen St. West) is hosting a Barbecue and Fun Fair on Sunday, June 15.
- Canada's Gluten Free Market is happening at the International Centre in Mississauga on Saturday, June 14. From 9am to 5pm, check out demos and stock up on wheat-free products. Admission is $14 at the door ($12 online).
- Valdez (606 King St. West) celebrates its one-year anniversary on Thursday, July 19. The DJ'd fiesta will feature eight food stations and discounts on speciality drinks. Tickets are $55 and include a welcome cocktail.
- The Distillery District launches a new farmer's market on Sunday, June 1.
Photo of Valdez by Jesse Milns.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO