Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- East Side Social, an oyster house and seafood-centric restaurant, is now open at 1008 Queen St. East in Leslieville.
- Elm Tree Restaurant, a new family-owned and operated Mediterranean grill, is now open at 43 Elm St., taking over the former site of The Wolf & Firkin.
- Pearl King, a new spot for dim sum, tapas and drinks at 291 King St. West, has quietly replaced Dazzling Modern Restaurant + Bar.
- As reported earlier,Bunner's Bake Shop, the gluten-free bakery, has opened in Kensington Market at 244 Augusta Ave.
- Completo is now in soft-opening mode at 5 Coady Avenue in Leslieville
- Kinton Ramen 3 is now open near the corner of Queen and Spadina.
- Saturday Dinette, dubbed a "modern diner for Riverdale and Leslieville locals," is opening soon at 807 Gerrard St. at Jones.
- Luce is opening a BBQ take-away called Luce Rotisserie in the next week or so next door to the existing restaurant at 793 King St. West.
- Rush Lane & Co. is slated to take over the former address of Hot Wings Grill and Rib House at 563 Queen St. West.
- Pizzeria Libretto continues to expand, with a new location going in at 155 University Ave.
- Jamie Oliver is importing Jamie's Italian to Canada with help from King Street Food Company, the folks behind Buca. The first of 10 planned outposts will open next spring in Yorkdale Shopping Centre. [The Globe & Mail]
- Zocalo (1426 Bloor St. West) is reportedly closing this week; the last service is slated for Saturday, June 28. [The Grid]
- The much-anticipated Gwai Lo at 503 College St. is now going to be called something less incendiary. When it opens, the spot will be called DaiLo, meaning "big boss" or "big brother".
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo of Kinton Ramen by Jesse Milns.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO