Another free movie series on the Toronto waterfront has announced its lineup for the summer, but this one might be even more exciting because it lasts the entire season.
The ideal activity for balmy Wednesday nights, the Harbourfront Centre's Free Flicks series starts up on June 22nd. Now in its 14th year, the festival keeps things mostly light for a little lakeside entertainment. Movies start at dusk (which is usually around 9 p.m.) and end at around 11 p.m.
Below is the 2016 lineup, with the August 31 screening to be decided by an audience vote.
- June 22 - Mean Girls (In partnership with Pride Toronto and TIFF)
- June 29 - Strange Brew
- July 6 - The Visitor
- July 13 - A Little Princess
- July 20 - The Grand Seduction/li>
- July 27 -The Mighty Quinn
- August 3 - The Last Dragon
- August 10 - The Good Lie
- August 17 - Chef
- August 24 - Sense and Sensibility
- August 31 - Audience Choice! between Gravity, The King's Speech or Slumdog Millionaire.
All films are shown on the Concert Stage, which can be found at the southwest corner of the Harbourfront Grounds.
Photo by Miles in the blogTO Flickr pool.
by Phil Villeneuve via blogTO