Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also previews what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- El Pocho Antojitos Bar has replaced Scoop & Bean at 2 Follis Ave. and is now serving up snack foods like tacos and deep-fried avocados.
- Greta Solomon's is now open at 1118 Queen St. E. in Leslieville.
- Japanese chain Jinya Ramen Bar is doling out big bowls of ramen at 399 Church St.
- Sweat & Soda, a new cafe serving up breakfast bowls, baked goods and healthy boxed lunches is now open at 1091 Queen St. E.
- Japanese-fusion sandwich shop Teara Lab opens this Friday, May 27 at 181 College St.
- Triple A Bar's third outpost is now open at 598 Gerrard St. E., in the former Mr. Ciao space.
- Belfast Love, the first Toronto location for Vancouver's the Donnelly Group, opens to the public on Thursday, June 2 at 548 King St. W.
- Platito Filipino Soul Food will soon replace the short-lived Reforma at 35 Baldwin Street. Expect the new spot to open in early June and offer a small plates menu of Filipino favourites as well as brunch.
- The Greater Good, a new bar from the crew behind The Get Well, is going in at 229 Geary Ave. in the former Kitch space. It'll come with its own North of Brooklyn pizza counter.
- SOMA is opening a new chocolate factory at 77 Brock Ave. This one will do tours and tastings too.
- Al Pastor, a new take out taqueria is coming to 2932 Dundas St. W. in the Junction.
- Love Chix, a fast casual spot serving up roasted chicken, porchetta, brunch and other comforting farem is aiming for a mid-June opening at 1588 Dupont St., where the Farmer's Daughter used to be.
- Curry Love, a new spot for Thai, looks poised to open any day now at 370 College St.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo by Derek Flack.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO