Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Seven Lives has started up a ceviche counter in its Paleteria space at 72 Kensington Ave. across from its popular taco spot. Look for a few kinds of ceviche, coctel de cameron (a Mexican shrimp cocktail) and pozole.
- Pusateri's fine food flagship at 1539 Avenue Road has now reopened after it was damaged by fire last summer. The new and improved upscale grocery store now boasts a rosticceria, a cafe, a Greenhouse Juice Co. shop-in-shop and a sit-down, full-service restaurant.
- Southeast Asian eatery Basil Box now has a second location downtown in addition to the one at Ryerson. It can be found at 441 Queen St. W. at Spadina, and a third will open at Front & John in the spring of 2017.
- Greenbox Express is now open at 200 University Ave. It's serving up freshly made sandwiches, salads, soup and espresso-based beverages.
- Jules Bistro
- Suup Health Bar
- Sweet Addictions Candy
- Raiders eSports Centre
- Safehouse Coffee
- FAMO Sandwiches
- Crepe TO
- Holy Oak Cafe
- Mika Fresh
- Boxcar Social is expanding its mini-empire in January 2017 with a new location in the Financial District on Temperance St.
- Big Fat Burrito will be vacating its spot at Lee's Palace by the end of this year, which means its Kensington Market location may be the last one left standing. It also means the space at Lee's is available for lease.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo of Basil Box by Hector Vasquez
by Christina Cheung via blogTO