We're searching for a full-time Editor to join our team. As an Editor, you'll be primarily tasked with copy editing and web production related tasks with the opportunity to also take on an expanded role that may involve editorial planning, social media and writing for the site. You must be able to work early mornings (7 a.m. start time) and weekends.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively manage the site's content schedule to ensure articles are submitted and published to the site on schedule.
- Edit articles submitted by the site's team of writers and prepare for publication.
- Select, prepare and add additional media to articles as applicable. This could include photos, videos, embedded audio files and social media, Storifys and Google maps.
- Edit photos as applicable.
- Monitor email and social media for feedback and make corrections and updates as applicable.
- Provide constructive feedback to writing and photography team as applicable.
- Assist in distributing content to the site's social channels.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience.
- An undergraduate Journalism degree or related experience.
- Two or more years of experience copy editing and web production for a digital media company.
- The ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, focus and attention to detail.
- A keen eye for photography and the ability to select the right photos to pair with articles.
- Advanced Photoshop skills in regards to photo editing, colour correcting and preparing photos for use online.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems like Wordpress.
- An understanding of basic HTML in order to debug issues that may be caused due to incorrect hyperlinking, bold tags etc.
- An extensive knowledge of Toronto and a keen interest in the variety of subject matters the site covers.
This job is based in Toronto. You'll be working from our offices near Queen and University.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in applying for this role? Just send an email to jobs [at] blogto [dotcom] with the following info:
- Send us a bit of information about yourself (how long you've lived in Toronto, what neighbourhoods you have lived in) and your education and work experience. A link to your Linked-In or CV and social media footprint (Instagram, Twitter) will be helpful here.
- Let us know why you're interested in this role, why we should choose you, how soon you can start and how much compensation you would like to earn.
- Send us links to any relevant online content you've edited or created that you think will wow us.
- Detail your technology prowess including what type of computer and O/S you use, your current smartphone model, photography and photo editing capabilities.
Thanks in advance to everyone interested in applying for this role. We aim to respond to all applicants who send us a complete application as per the instructions above.
by Staff via blogTO