Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Toronto's Festival of Beer is on this weekend, July 26th to 28th. The almost sold-out event (tickets were still available for Sunday when I wrote this) will feature a World of Beer Pavilion, grilling tent and live entertainment.
- Wines of France presents a series of complimentary pop-up wine bar and food truck samplings happening from July 25th to August 11th in three different LCBO parking lots across the city. This week, participate in tasting events at LCBO Laird & Eglinton (147 Laird Avenue) from 4pm to 8pm tonight, July 26th and in the afternoon over the weekend; on Monday, July 29th find the pop-up at LCBO Summerhill from 2pm to 6pm until Thursday, August 1st.
- The Kensington Brewing Company hosts a Kensington Market Backyard Beer Garden on Sunday, July 28th from 1pm to 8pm. The licensed outdoor patio pops-up at 214 Augusta Avenue for Pedestrian Sunday and will feature live music and food from the El Gordo Latin Food Court vendors. No cover.
- Christine Manning hosts the workshop, No More Store-Bought Salsa! on Monday, July 29th at 6:30pm. Taking place at The Depanneur (1033 College Street), the $40 workshop will save you from ever having to eat yucky salsa from a jar again.
- The Hart House Craft Beer Festival starts at 7pm on Thursday, August 1st at 7 Hart House Circle. Tickets are $35 (students get $5 off) and include a reusable tasting glass, eight beer tasting tickets and BBQ grub. Or, for $50 ($40 for students), get festival admission AND participate in the ExBEERiential Learning workshop starting at 5:30pm.
- Tickets ($75) are available now for the Momofuku Summer Party with The Remix Project on Wednesday, August 7th from 8pm to 11pm. Momofuku (190 University Avenue) will provide the food and drinks, music will be provided by Phantom Signal and The Soul Proprietor. Proceeds will benefit the City Life Film Project.
- Food Forward presents #foodTOEats at Bento Miso (862 Richmond Street West, Unit #300) on Wednesday, August 7th from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. Tickets are $40 for the evenings a drinks and sampling from Toronto food purveyors like Hot Bunzz, Cookie Martinez, Me.N.u. Food Truck and Vams Kombucha, to name a few.
- Reserve a space now for the Grillin' n Chillin' BBQ Cooking Class & Pig Roast happening Monday, August 12th from 6:30pm to 10pm at The Fuel House (53 Clinton Street). Learn the secrets of great BBQ from International Competition BBQ Pit Master, Jason Rees then sit down to a suckling pig roast feast. Tickets are $95.
O̶T̶H̶E̶R̶ LOBSTER NEWS
- The Whippoorwill (285 Bloor Street West) is selling tickets for Beau's Lobster Boil on Thursday, August 1st. The $65 dinner features a full Nova Scotia Lobster with all the fixings including buttermilk biscuits, pie and ice tea.
- Grace Restaurant is making Lobster Boil BBQ a regular thing, featuring the steaming seafood feast every Tuesday for the rest of summer in the upstairs dining room.
- McDonald's now does the McLobster (formerly exclusive to the Maritimes and Quebec). The sandwich will be available in Toronto until August 25th.
- LobsterFest Sundays continue at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) until August, 25th. The $35 dinner on the Sky Yard includes a 1lb. crustacean with a bottle of Keith's, sides and dessert.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO