Happy New Year! Today in Toronto (congratulations for getting out of bed, if you managed it) take a dip with the Polar Bear swim, a mad dash into frigid Lake Ontario at Sunnyside. Show up between 11am-2pm and for heaven's sake don't forget to bring a towel. All proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity. After that, Handlebar is inviting you to wear your PJs (but please not last night's filthy clothes) to play video games and geek out in Kensinton Market, plus they'll screen The Wizard (1989) at 8pm. There will be coffee.
Trash Palace is setting up at the Revue with a screening of Joan Crawford in Berserk! , and it's last night of Restored at TIFF. Comedy Bar will host a funny free multi-day festival over the weekend until Monday. If you just want to keep partying, Ryze is hosting an all-day dance party from 5am onward. Joseph Capriati (Italy) headlines. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Pneumonia: 10th annual Toronto Polar Bear Dip (Sunnyside Beach)
- Geek: Nintendo Knights Presents: Handlebar's Hangover Helper (Handlebar)
- Film: Berserk! (Revue Cinema)
- Film: La Chienne preceded by Partie de compagne (TIFF)
- Comedy: Festival of New Formats (Comedy Bar)
- Party: Joseph Capriati (Ryze)
- Party: Archi-textures (Round)
Have an event you'd like to plug? Submit your own listing to the blogTO Toronto events calendar or contact us directly.
Photo by Scott Snider
by Aubrey Jax via blogTO
Post a Comment