Today in Toronto Hausu director Nobuhiko Obayasi's 2014 film Seven Weeks (野のなななのか) will screen (with English subtitles) at the The Japan Foundation. The 3 hour fantasy / drama is free, but RSVP here. Elle and Eve, a brand new consignment store that lets furniture sellers take money home or donate proceeds of their offerings to charity, is throwing an opening party in Lawrence Heights.
After 45 years, #167 - In a Cabinet of Curiosities will be Descant's last issue. Sadly, the mag can no longer continue to publish. See them off this week in Kensington Market: at the launch, Tightrope Books owner Jim Nason, and Mark Kingwell will read. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Film: Seven Weeks (The Japan Foundation)
- Lit: Last Descant Magazine Launch (Supermarket)
- Lifestyle: Grand Opening of Elle and Eve - Consignment With A Purpose
- Film: Good Men, Good Women: The Films of Hou Hsiao-hsien (TIFF)
- Music: Beams 7" release with By Divine Right, Loon Choir (Horseshoe)
- Art: Michel Huneault (Contact)
- Party: A night with Pleasence Records (Johnny Jackson)
- Art: CRIP INTERIORS (Artscape Youngplace)
- Music: Zoo Owl, Math, Jupiters Moon Orchestra, Kashew Butter, Self So (Bassline)
- Lit: Meet Miranda July in Toronto (Bram & Bluma Appel Salon)
Have an event you'd like to plug? Submit your own listing to the blogTO Toronto events calendar or contact us directly.
Photo of Zoo Owl by Matt Forsythe
by Aubrey Jax via blogTO
Post a Comment