Today in Toronto Hausu director Nobuhiko Obayasi's 2014 film Seven Weeks (野のなななのか) will screen (with English subtitles) at the The Japan Foundation. The 3 hour fantasy / drama is free, but RSVP here. Elle and Eve, a brand new consignment store that lets furniture sellers take money home or donate proceeds of their offerings to charity, is throwing an opening party in Lawrence Heights.
After 45 years, #167 - In a Cabinet of Curiosities will be Descant's last issue. Sadly, the mag can no longer continue to publish. See them off this week in Kensington Market: at the launch, Tightrope Books owner Jim Nason, and Mark Kingwell will read. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Film: Seven Weeks (The Japan Foundation)
- Lit: Last Descant Magazine Launch (Supermarket)
- Lifestyle: Grand Opening of Elle and Eve - Consignment With A Purpose
- Film: Good Men, Good Women: The Films of Hou Hsiao-hsien (TIFF)
- Music: Beams 7" release with By Divine Right, Loon Choir (Horseshoe)
- Art: Michel Huneault (Contact)
- Party: A night with Pleasence Records (Johnny Jackson)
- Art: CRIP INTERIORS (Artscape Youngplace)
- Music: Zoo Owl, Math, Jupiters Moon Orchestra, Kashew Butter, Self So (Bassline)
- Lit: Meet Miranda July in Toronto (Bram & Bluma Appel Salon)
Photo of Zoo Owl by Matt Forsythe
by Aubrey Jax via blogTO