Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Winterlicious starts today January, 30 and runs to February 12. Over 210 restaurants will participate by offering prix fixe menus at lunch priced at $18, $23 and $28, and at dinner priced at $25, $35 and $45. Daily reservation availability will be posted on the official Winterlicious website.
- The Good Son is running their own promotion; Winter Fare, starting today and running until February 12. Enjoy three course menus for brunch ($30) and dinner ($45).
- Valdez (606 King St. West) presents Latino 'Licious until February 13. Expect a three course menu on offer for $35.
- La Poutine Week starts February 1 and runs until February 7. Twenty-three Toronto restaurants join simultaneous celebrations in Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City and more.
- The County General celebrates winter Quebec-style with a special menu from February 2 to 12. The menu featuring goodies like tourtière, cauliflower poutine and tarte au sucre offered a la carte or in its entirety for $35.
- Mr. Flamingo (1265 Dundas St. West) hosts a Get to Know Pinot Dinner on Tuesday, February 3 starting at 7pm. Billed as "an irreverent wine class with terrific food", the $75 multi-course menu boasts dishes like scallop crudo, foie gras torchon, and sweetbread and wild mushroom pappardelle, each paired with a pinot noir.
- Mark your calendars, Home of the Brave (589 King St. West) hooks up with Luther's Chicken on Tuesday, February 10. Details TBA.
- Gilead Wine Bar (4 Gilead Pl.) celebrates the 400th of Samuel de Champlain discovering Prince Edward County. The Order of Good Cheer Dinner takes place on Wednesday, February 11 and will feature hors d'oeuvres and a four course late winter menu for $75. Add a flight of Chadsey's Cairns wines for $25.
- YumCha has released its line-up of vendors and among the dozen big names expect to see Momofuku Noodle Bar, County Cocktail, 416 Snack Bar and Loka Snacks all there. The dim sum festival takes on February 21 at Daniel's Spectrum (585 Dundas St. East). Tickets are still available and only $10.
Photo of the Good Son
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO