Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- AYCE sushi and dim sum restaurant August 8 is now open in what was previously Lee Garden at 331 Spadina Ave. in Chinatown.
- Machino Cafe has opened at 823 Bloor St. W. at Christie Pits.
- In addition to its location at Humber College, Jamaican jerk joint Ackee Tree has added a location downtown at 372 Queen St. E. in Corktown.
- Bud's Coffee Bar has moved to a new location (a block east of its former location) at 1966½ Queen St. E. in the Beaches.
- Peri-peri chicken chain Nando's now has a location in the Beaches at 1968 Queen St. E.
- Storm Crow Manor, a nerd bar from Vancouver, will be opening its first Toronto location in 2018 at 580 Church St. (at Dundonald).
- Il Covo, an Italian restaurant from chef Ryan Campbell (Buca Yorkville), looks to be opening in mid-January at 585 College St. in Little Italy.
- Mapo Korean BBQ will be taking over the space that was formerly Ajuker Chicken at 680 Bloor St. W. in Koreatown.
- Defina Woodfired, Pizzeria Defina's second location, should be opening in the new year at 1485 Dupont St. in the Junction Triangle.
- Aburi Room is going to open at 16 Park Home Ave. in North York.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO