What's open and closed in Toronto on New Year's Day 2018 is vital information to find your way around the city when seemingly everything is shut down. Similar to Christmas Day, it's one of the few days of the year when most of the of the city is on pause.
Here's what's open and closed on New Year's Day in Toronto.
- Government office and banks
- Mail delivery
- The TTC will run on a Sunday service schedule
- Most major grocery chains will be closed on New Year's Day with a few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Rabba (various locations) - 24 hours
- The Food Depot (115 Dupont St.) - 24 hours
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge St.) - 24 hours
- Galleria Supermarket (865 York Mills Rd.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Galleria Supermarket (558 Yonge St.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Galleria Supermarket (351 Bloor St. West) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- The Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- The Kitchen Table (389 Spadina Rd.) - 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- The Kitchen Table (595 Bay St.) - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Kitchen Table (705 King St. West) - 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Loblaws (60 Carlton St.) - 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Popbox MicroMrkt (725 Dovercourt Rd.) - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saks Food Hall (176 Yonge St.) - 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Beer Store
- For a complete list of indie bottle shops in Toronto, see this directory. Holiday hours are provided where applicable but we advise calling ahead to confirm.
- Bayview Village Shops
- CF Fairview Mall
- CF Sherway Gardens
- Dufferin Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Yorkville Village
- CF Markville (5000 Hwy 7) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre (220 Yonge St.) - 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hillcrest Mall (9350 Yonge St.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Ave. E.) - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Promenade (1 Promenade Cir.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Dr.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Ave. W.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Dr.) - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Yorkville Village (55 Avenue Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Canada's Wonderland
- Gardiner Museum
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas St. W.) - 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CN Tower (301 Front St. W.) - 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Movie Theatres
- Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Blvd.) - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queens Park) - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd.) - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
by Jaclyn Skrobacky via blogTO
Post a Comment