Toronto is losing a long-standing business this weekend because Jim's Restaurant is shutting down on July 31. The old-school diner at 897 Queen St. East is Leslieville is an east end stalwart that's well-known for affordable food and eggy breakfasts.
Current owner George Dafos has been running the place for the past 16 years. Now, he's getting ready to move his operation to East York.
According to Inside Toronto, George and his brother Angela bought the The Ginger Man restaurant at 1104 Victoria Park Ave. They'll take it over some time next month.
But don't expect a new eatery to pop up in the old Jim's location. That's because developer Daniels Corp. is building a six-storey condo in its place.
by Amy Grief via blogTO