Labour Day in Toronto is your last chance to wear white before risking the ire of the city's fashion police. If the rules are getting you down, run away from your worries to picnic and dance at Electric Island, featuring Jamie XX, Tale of Us, and more. Try not to get barbeque sauce on your white shir- well, nevermind, RIP summer, it's better to burn out than to fade away. Condiments, come at me!
Videofag's Feminist Film Screening Series will show Born in Flames (bring your own snacks). Today and tomorrow are your last chances to gorge yourself at the CNE, and today is the last day to strain your neck watching the air show. Possible excuse to make it a four day weekend? A day of rest and laundry. For more events, click on over to our events section.
- Party: Electric Island (Olympic Island Park)
- No Regrets: CNE (Exhibition Place)
- Music: DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist (Guvernment)
- Film: Born in Flames - Feminist Film Screening Series (Videofag)
- Noise: Canadian International Air Show (CNE)
- Film: Doc Days of Summer (Bloor Hot Docs Cinema)
- Community: Ashkenaz Festival (Harbourfront Centre)
- Community: Hispanic Fiesta (Mel Lastman Square)
Have an event you'd like to plug? Submit your own listing to the blogTO Toronto events calendar or contact us directly.
Photo of Electric Island via Facebook
by Aubrey Jax via blogTO
Post a Comment