Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Cold Tea (60 Kensington Ave.) hosts BBQs every day of this long weekend, starting at 3pm. Smoke Signals wil be at the grill on Saturday, August 30; Momofuku Daisho takes over on Sunday, August 31 and Auld Spot keeps the good times going on Monday, September 1.
- AwesTRUCK, the free food truck rally and awards show, revs up at 5pm on Friday, September 5 and at 6pm on Saturday, September 6 at Celebration Square, Mississauga as part of Soundbites Mississauga. Voting is open now to recognize favourites in five different categories of food truck excellence.
- Take part in a Fall Popcorn Tasting at the Toronto Popcorn Company (147 Baldwin St.) hosted by Toronto Common. The recurring event is planned for every Sunday in September at 11am and for $13 will offer visitors the chance to sample new flavours, as well as take home two regular savoury or sweet flavours, plus one premium flavour.
- Tickets are on sale now ($8 in advance, $10 at the gate) for City Cider presented by Not Far from the Tree. The annual celebration of cider takes place Sunday, September 14 from noon to 5pm at Spadina Museum (285 Spadina Rd.) and features freshly-pressed cider made right in the heritage orchard and hard ciders from Ontario cideries, as well as eats from top Toronto chefs, live music and family friendly activites.
- The Evergreen Urban Rodeo and BBQ is happening on Saturday, September 27 from 7:30pm to midnight at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.). Tickets are $150 (VIP $250) for an all-inclusive fundraising event featuring carnival games, mechanical bull rides, live music, and, of course, eating and drinking at 10 food stations. Vendors will be cooking up country classics with pairings from Creemore Springs and Dillon's Small Batch Distillers spirits.
- Diner en Blanc is back for its third official year in Toronto on Wednesday, September 17 at a secret location. Those interested in attending need to register on the waiting list, wait for an invite and then secure an all-white table setting and outfit for the occasion.
Photo of AwesTRUCK! 2013 by Jesse Milns.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO