What's open and closed on New Year's Day in Toronto 2016:
- Government offices and banks
- St. Lawrence Market
- No mail delivery
- Major grocery stores and most pharmacies
- The TTC and GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Major chains and grocers like Arz Fine Foods, No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Metro, T&T, Whole Foods, Pusateri's, Bloor Street Market, Fresh & Wild, and Galleria Supermarket will be closed, with a few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Loblaws (60 Carlton St.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- T&T (7070 Warden Ave.) - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods (85 Avenue Rd.) 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations) - open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont St., at Davenport) - open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor St. W). - open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., (389 Spadina Rd.) - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., (595 Bay St., at Atrium on Bay) - 9 a.m to 12 a.m., (705 King St. West) - 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- All LCBO, Wine Rack and Beer Store locations
- For a complete list of indie bottle shops in Toronto, see this directory. Holiday hours are provided where applicable but we advise calling ahead to confirm.
- The Pacific Mall - 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Eaton Centre - 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Square One - 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills) - 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Major movie theatres
- Most ice skating rinks (weather permitting)
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas St. West) - 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd.) - 10am to 5pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen's Park) - 10am to 5:30pm.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Blvd.) - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Rd.) - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Movie theatres citywide are open - see show times for details
Did I miss anything? Add it to the comments below.
Photo by Michael Monastyrskyj in the blogTO flickr pool.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO
Post a Comment