Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- La Diperie, the popular Montreal soft serve chain, has landed in Toronto. Find customizable cones on the menu dipped in chocolate and rolled in various toppings.
- Central Texas-style smoke pit J&J Bar-B-Que is now open at 193 Baldwin St. in Kensington Market. There's chopped brisket, sausages and ribs on the menu.
- Hibachi Steakhouse is now open at 550 Wellington St. W. inside the Thompson Hotel. No need to travel up to St. Clair to satisfy your cravings for Nutella slathered burgers.
- Holy Chuck Burgers has opened a downtown location at 586 Yonge St., just north of Wellesley.
- Lavelle, a massive new poolside bar, lounge and restaurant is now open on the 16th floor of 629 King St. W. The rooftop oasis boasts cabanas and booths complemented by poolside DJs, a garden and a floating playground.
- The folks behind Jatajuk are opening Eat BKK at 4704 Yonge St. It'll will focus on street food from Bangkok and fusion dishes like tom yum ramen and spaghetti curry.
- Good Neighbour espresso bar is opening a new location in Koreatown where Gallant Bicycles used to be at 678 Bloor St. W.
- Sorelle & Co. is coming to Vaughan at 1050 Rutherford Road. The fanciful boutique bakery will specialize in gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, nut-free and preservative-free foods. Expect a July opening.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo of La Diperie by Jesse Milns.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO