What's open and closed on Canada Day 2016 in Toronto. For info about fireworks, check out this post.
- Government offices and banks
- No mail delivery
- Outdoor swimming pools, wading pools and splash pads will all be open on Canada Day. Swimming pool schedules are available online.
- All five city golf courses will be open and will offer holiday rates. See hours and locations posted here.
- The TTC will operate on its holiday service schedule with a start time of 6 a.m.
- Major chains and grocery stores, like No Frills, Fresh Co., Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, T&T, Arz Fine Foods, Galleria Supermarket and Whole Foods will be closed with few confirmed exceptions listed below.
- Loblaws (60 Carlton St.) - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pusateri's (57 Yorkville Ave.) - 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; (Bayview Village, 2901 Bayview Ave.) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; (Sherway Gardens, 25 The West Mall) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Metro (444 Yonge St.) - from 9 a.m.
- Sobey's Urban Fresh (777 Bay St., Suite 427) - 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- T&T Supermarket (7070 Warden Ave.) - 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods Yorkville (87 Avenue Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fresh & Wild (69 Spadina Ave.) - 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; (2294 Bloor St. W.) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge St.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Bloor Street Market (55 Bloor St. W.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations) - open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont St. at Davenport) - open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor St. W.). - open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West) - 6 a.m. to 12 a.m., (389 Spadina Rd.) - 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., (595 Bay St., at Atrium on Bay) - 8 a.m to 12 a.m., (705 King St. W.) - 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- The Beer Store and LCBO stores will be closed.
- For a complete list of indie bottle shops in Toronto, see this directory. Holiday hours are provided where applicable, but we advise calling ahead to confirm.
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Bayview Village
- Eaton Centre (220 Yonge St.) - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Square One Shopping Centre (100 City Centre Dr.) - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Dr., Vaughan) - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Ave. E.) - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Ave. W., Halton Hills) - 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas St. W.) - 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd.) - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen's Park) -10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Canada's Wonderland (9580 Jane St.) - 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada - 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Toronto Zoo - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Movie theatres are open citywide.
Did I miss anything? Add key closures or useful businesses that are open in the comments.
Photo by Genial N in the blogTO flickr pool.
by Liora Ipsum via blogTO
Post a Comment