Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Founder Bar, a cocktail and snack bar, has opened at 1282 Dundas St. W. (at Dovercourt) in the former Saucy Pierogi space.
- Porchetta & Co. opened a new outpost yesterday inside the Exchange Tower at 130 King St. W., its first in the Financial District. This location offers a breakfast menu as well as coffee from SJCB.
- Vegan Mexican restaurant Rosalinda also officially opened yesterday at 133 Richmond St. W. (at York St.) in the Financial District.
- Death in Venice Gelato has opened a summer location at Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s at Yonge & Queen.
- Backyard Japanese Cuisine is serving sushi and ramen at 254 Queen St. W. (at John St.) in what was previously HoSu Bistro.
- Sang Ji Bao, a Shanghainese fried bao spot, is now open at 1 Byng Ave. by Yonge & Finch in North York.
- Drake Mini Bar
- Egg Bae
- Away Kitchen + Cafe
- Good Things
- Burger Shack
- Aburi Room
- Think IT Cafe
- Narami Sushi is set to open on July 1 at 119 Ossington Ave. on the ground level of the 109Oz condos.
- Paradice Shaved Ice should be opening soon at 792 College St. (at Roxton Rd.) in Little Italy.
- Miya Bhai is taking over The Tiffin Box space at 938 Bathurst St. (at Follis Ave.) in Seaton Village.
- Rag Doll Eatery will be opening soon at 185 Danforth Ave. (at Broadview Ave.)
- Bex Espresso looks to be opening at 711 Queen St. E. (at Broadview Ave.), in Riverside.
- Chocollata Gourmet, specializing in handcrafted Brazilian brigadeiros (a chocolate sweet that's a cross between truffles, caramels and fudge), is opening soon at 986A Kingston Rd. (at Kingswood Rd.) in the Upper Beaches.
- Patisserie Kirin officially opens on June 2 in what was the former space for Tendou Matcha and Desserts at 3621 Hwy 7 in Markham.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO