Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Hana Sushi, a conveyor-belt sushi spot with a sushi monorail, is now open at 21 Grenville St. by Yonge & College.
- Bay Burger can be found at (surprise, surprise) 770 Bay St. (just north of College).
- Hurry Curry now has a location at Ryerson (shared with Tacorrito) at 106 Mutual St.
- El Chapo, whose slogan seems to be "tacos with attitude," is now open at 36 Toronto St. in the Financial District.
- Mexican street food spot El Charro has opened a second location at 788 Broadview Ave. just north of the Danforth.
- Sanagan's Meat Locker now has a second location, this one at 1513 Gerrard St. E. (at Coxwell).
- GoGo Chicken Pot, an AYCE Hong Kong-style hot pot restaurant, has made its debut at 10610 Bayview Ave. in Richmond Hill.
- Another AYCE place, Shinta, is also now open and serving Wagyu beef at 280 West Beaver Creek Rd. in Richmond Hill.
- Fox & John’s Pub & Restaurant will be replacing what was previously Kennedy Public House at 2199 Bloor St. W. in Bloor West Village.
- Golden Bubbles, a Hong Kong-style bubble waffle dessert shop from Ottawa is set to open two locations here soon, with one at 3276 Midland Ave. in Scarborough and another at 11000 Yonge St. in Richmond Hill.
- The Parlour, a popular pizza lounge in Vancouver, will be opening a location here at 642 King St. W. (just east of Bathurst) this summer.
- The Christie, a cafe that replaced Scout and Cash (and was The Bristol Yard before that) is no more.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO