King Street has got lots going for it. It's is the largest surface level transit route in North America, and it's home to a bunch of great bars, restaurants, theatres, tech companies, and now, art installations too.
We'll check in with some local businesses to see how the King Street pilot project is working out for them now that summer is here, plus the latest local news and fake news quiz on our Only in Toronto podcast.
People and places featured in this episode include:
- Kirsten McCrea
- Nate Middleton from Home of the Brave
- Ryan Maloney from Jimmy's
Articles referenced in this episode include:
- Toronto's homicide rate is now higher than New York's
- Movie theatre popcorn is now available for delivery in Toronto
- Unexpected fireworks freak out Toronto's west end
- Drake just revealed that he has a son
- Hundreds of baby seagulls rescued after jumping from hot roof in Toronto
- Police raid finds thousands of counterfeit items at Pacific Mall
More reading on the King Street Transit Pilot:
- King Street is getting a whole bunch of new public spaces
- Toronto can't seem to agree on future of King St.
- King Street restaurants launch new anti-transit pilot campaign
- New data shows dramatic effects of King St. Pilot
- King Street just got Lego-inspired milk crate benches
Ways to subscribe to the Only in Toronto podcast.
You can also listen to the Only in Toronto podcast on Alexa. Just ask Alexa to play the podcast Only in Toronto.
by Staff via blogTO
Post a Comment