Toronto restaurant openings highlights the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Kid lee, a new food venture from Susur Lee and his sons Kai and Levi, has opened in First Canadian Place's food court at 100 King St. W. in the Financial District.
- Speaking of First Canadian Place, a third location of Calii Love can now be found there in the PATH, with other outposts soon to come at Union Station and on King East.
- Colette Grand Cafe has opened a second location in the city, this time inside the Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale.
- Laundry and Lattes (yes, it's exactly what it sounds like – a laundromat and espresso bar) is now open at 1152 Dufferin St. (at Wallace St.) in Dovercourt Village.
- Hanabusa Café, a Japanese spot serving up an "authentic soufflé pancake" has opened at 77 Kensington Ave. in Kensington Market.
- Enat Buna, an Ethiopian fusion café, has opened at 175 Queen St. E. (by George St.) in Moss Park.
- Crush’d Juice Bar opened earlier this week at 314 Queen St. E. (at Berkeley St.) in Corktown.
- Gin Mill, a craft beer and cocktail-focused gastropub, has replaced Yellow Griffin at 2202 Bloor St. W. in Bloor West Village.
- El Habanero & Churrobar is now open at 4915 Steeles Ave. E. in Scarborough.
- ABC Euro Delicatessen can now be found at 6 Lebovic Ave. in Scarborough.
- Su&Bu now has an outpost at 8020 Bathurst St. in Thornhill.
- Pick 6IX
- Gladstone Hotel
- Starbucks Reserve
- Green Room
- Daily Grind
- Woodfire Sandwich
- Open House
- Labothéry Inc., a "lab-themed tea cafe," will be opening soon at 717 Bay St., just north of Gerrard St. W.
- Good Things Cafe + Juice Bar looks to be opening very soon at 235 Broadview Ave. (at Dundas St. E.), straddling East Chinatown and Riverside.
- FK, from the team behind the former Frank's Kitchen, opens next week on Feb. 27 at 770 St. Clair. Ave. W. (at Arlington Ave.).
- Quebec City-based Chocolats Favoris will be opening a new location at 1370 Major McKenzie Dr. in Vaughan on Saturday, March 3.
- Both Pizzeria Libretto and Omaw on Ossington have reopened following renovations.
- Sushi Nomi will be closing on Roncesvalles at the end of the month and relocating to 1201 St. Clair Ave. W., where it will reopen as Shunoko in the first week of March.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO