The old Zimmerman's grocery store at 241 Augusta Avenue in Kensington Market is set to get a new lease on life this August when it transforms into an immersive, art-filled funhouse.
But after reports surfaced that the whole thing might be just a tease for a sprawling Universal Music Canada backed bar called Liquor Donuts local residents quickly registered their objections with the city.
In the latest episode of the Only in Toronto podcast we speak to the people behind the bold projects to try to get to the nitty-gritty of it all.
Background information on this episode:
- Kensington Market doesn't want huge new bar Liquor Donuts
- New Kensington Market funhouse might not be what it seems
- A Toronto grocery store is being transformed into a literal funhouse
Articles referenced in this episode include:
- Seth Rogen is now doing announcements for the TTC
- Selfie seekers shut down sunflower farm near Toronto
- Toronto is buying a house so it can save a tree
Ways to subscribe to the Only in Toronto podcast.
You can also listen to the Only in Toronto podcast on Alexa. Just ask Alexa to play the podcast Only in Toronto.
by Staff via blogTO