Toronto restaurant openings highlight the latest food news in Toronto and gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Pennies, a bar offering sliders and cheap drinks, replaces Broncos at 127 Strachan Avenue (at Adelaide Street West).
- Montreal's Les Moulins La Fayette has opened its first Toronto location at 715 Queen Street West (at Tecumseth Street).
- Page One Cafe now has a second location, called Page One Too. It shares a space with Foodbenders at 1162 Bloor Street West in Bloordale.
- Cinderella Restaurant, a Middle Eastern spot from a young Syrian family new to Canada, has opened at 1015 Dufferin Street in Bloorcourt.
- Hokkaido Ramen Santouka has opened its second location in the city, this one at 515 Bloor Street West in the Annex. Another location is set to open at the end of September at 2057 Yonge Street.
- Billy’s Diner, taking over what was formerly Icy Spicy Fusion, is now open at 99 Pape Avenue in Leslieville.
- Jasper Dandy, a sports pub and live music venue, has replaced Boots & Bourbon at 725 Queen Street East in Riverside.
- Brun & Fer Coffee is serving up food and caffeine at 559 Parliament Street in Cabbagetown.
- North of Brooklyn Pizzeria now has a fifth location, this one at 511 Rogers Road in Silverthorn.
- Oriental Rice Noodle has opened two new locations, one at 414 Dundas Street West in Chinatown and another at 32-4186 Finch Avenue East in Scarborough.
- A La Turk, a restaurant specializing in authentic Turkish cuisine, is now open at 3443 Yonge St. north of Lawrence.
- Chocollata, specializing in handcrafted Brazilian brigadeiros (a chocolate sweet that's a cross between truffles, caramels and fudge), has opened at 986A Kingston Road in the Upper Beaches.
- Surely Up vegetarian hot pot is now open at 26-420 Hwy 7 East in Richmond Hill.
- Vegan ice cream shop Not Your Mother will be opening on August 2 alongside Copenhagen Vegan Cafe and Vegandale Brewery, at 1346 Queen Street West in Vegandale (a.k.a. Parkdale).
- Dak Lak Cafe, a Vietnamese coffee shop, is opening its second location in September, this one at 283 College Street (at Spadina Avenue).
- Playa Cabana's Dave Sidhu has been keeping busy: Zocalo, a restaurant featuring Mexican street food that replaces Dolly's, opens on August 16 at 1285 Bloor Street West in Bloordale; and Playa Cabana will be opening a quick service taqueria and cantina with a patio at Yonge & Eglinton next spring.
- Bake Code is opening a new location soon, this one at 4-21 Famous Avenue in Vaughan.
- Koek Koek has shuttered.
by Christina Cheung via blogTO